Toxics In Plastics
Consumers' Association of Penang
Book size: 140 x 110mm
About the Book
The many dangers of plastics shown in the book:
- Toxic chemicals from plastics migrate into and contaminate our foods.
- What plastic is used where.
- Why plastics can be a problem.
- Styrene in instant noodles.
- High intake of chemicals from widespread use of plastics.
- Phthalates in baby milk.
- Chemical migration from clingfilm wraps.
- Plastic baby feeding bottles leach out toxic chemical.
- Why tiny amounts of some chemicals in our babies’ food can be harmful.
- Bisphenol-A (BPA) in canned foods.
- BPA in tooth-coating chemical.
- BPA leached from PVC too.
- Toxic plastic softeners in children’s teethers, pacifiers and toys.
- PVC plastic a serious threat to human reproduction.
- Styrene health hazards from food containers.