Computers Do Not Help Children Learn
Consumers' Association of Penang
Book size: 140 x 110mm
About the Book
- affect young children’s brain, development, as well as their health, and social and emotional growth;
- erode a child’s creativity, motivation and problem-solving skills;
- undermine writing, spelling and reading skills; and
- cause poor concentration, and create impatience and low frustration tolerance in children.
- teach children how to think and feel; and
- and they DON’T encourage language skills, social skills, imagination, and a strong sense of self – what children need to do well in life.
- Toxic vapours and radiation from computers
- Computer games are more harmful than violent movies.
Why computers are bad teachers / How computers adversely affect your child’s development / Unproven academic payoff / Physical injuries from computer use / Helping children avoid repetitive stress injuries / Stricken at 14 / Computers cause vision problems / Computers emit toxic vapours & radiation / How to tell if your child is hyperactive / Putting guns & blood in the hands of our children